Thursday, May 03, 2007

Following suit

I guess Steve and Amy both posted thes questions on their respective sites...I like these once in a while, so I'll do the same...

1.Your first name, what do you think about it?
John - I believe it means "God is gracious" in Hebrew, though some claim it derives from Latin meaning, "God is merciful." People think it's so common. But I don't. I like it. It's simple, and when I look in the mirror every morning...it's just me. If fits me.

2. Two feelings at the moment:
Tired and stressed. This is a constant for me - I'm always tired, and usually stressed.

3. What are you reading, listening to and watching currently?
I'm reading A Room with a View by E.M. Forster, listening (as of right, right now) to the NPR internet stream, and watching the floor session in the state Senate (online).

4. Done anything you regret so far this week?
No. I stopped believing in regret some time ago.

5. Describe where you are right now?
In my office, which is quite messy. My walls are painted a nice brown color that is mismatched with the grey carpet. My diploma is in a frame behind me, and my plant, a Kachina doll, a passionfruit candle from Fiji, and a small replica of the leaning tower of Pisa is on my shelf. A picture of me and Holli, a picture of my nephew Isaac, and a picture of me drawn by my niece Sareny are all displayed on my desk. Our building is small, cramped, across the railroad tracks on the other side of the State Capitol and in one of the most ghetto neighborhoods in Phoenix. In fact, our doors remain locked during business hours.

6. What do you want to do this week? Month?
I want to clean this week and get rid of junk. I want to go to Disneyland this month...and I am.

7. When was the last time you saw your immediate family?
Ummm...few weeks ago.

8. Who were the last people you went out to dinner with?
Holli and I went to Los Olivos with our friends Ted and Stephanie.

9. What would you like to buy this year?
I would like to buy a condo in Athens, Georgia.

10. Favorite type of dogs?
Well, I'll be going to UGA, so a bulldog, obviously! ;) I like Boston Terriers, too.

11. Last person you kissed?
Holli, of course.

12.Exercised in the last 24 hours?
Unfortunately, no...that's just what happens when you've been working on a budget for four days straight and your wifey is hurt.

13. Ever think of old crushes?
This is kind of a loaded question. I don't dream about them or miss them if that's what this question is getting at. I wonder what they're up to, and that's about it.

14. Do you wear socks?
Only when I have to.

15. Last thing you bought online?
Oh, gosh...some book, I think. That must have been a wise purchase if I can't even remember!

16. Have you changed much this year?
I think I have changed in certain ways. I think I've realized that I have grown up a little in certain areas and have also become even more headstrong and independent.

17. Say something about the person you think might read this:
You off da hizzy dizzy fo' shizzy, know what I'm sayin'?

18. If you became mentally handicapped would you want to live, or die?
Well, this really depends. If I was just a vegetable and couldn't at least enjoy life a bit, then no...kill me.

19. Who is your favorite superhero?
Is and always has been Super Grover. Coming in a strong second place is DangerMouse. And rounding out the top three...Batman!

20. Name a friend and an inside joke.
Ummm...I'm lost here. Maybe someone should refresh my memory?

21. How many homes have you lived in?
18 - which includes my mission and study abroad. Morenci, Phoenix, Glendale, St. Johns 1, St. Johns 2, St. Johns 3, Tempe, Chandler, MTC, Bassano del Grappa, Firenze, La Spezia, Siena, Pistoia, Mesa 1, Mesa 2, Tirana, Scottsdale...

22. What food did you eat last night?Tonight?
Last night I whipped up a quick zuppa with macaroni and tofu. Tonight...I don't know...

23. Who was your last text from?
Eh...hmmm...Holli and Steve simultaneously.

24. Where have you gone this year that you really didn't like?
INDIANA! That's definitely a question I could answer. I went to look at the school and did not like Indianapolis or Bloomington all that much.

25. Has anyone ever said you looked like a celebrity?
Yeah...Goldberg from The Mighty Ducks movies...jerks...

26. Do you speak any other language other than English?
Yes - in order of proficiency - Italian, Spanish, Albanian, Chinese Pig Latin, and French

27. Last thing you watched on TV?
LOST

28. Do you like your inlaws?
Sure do. I consider myself to be quite lucky in that area!

29. Name someone with the same b-day as you?
George Washington, Drew Barrymore and Rajon Rondo. I don't know anyone personally who has my same birthday.

30. Ever had a drunken night in Mexico?
Nope.

31. Who would win a fight - you or the other girl/boy?
Probably the other girl. :)

32. Favorite color(s)?
Black, Black, Charcoal, Blue, and Black.

33. What's your favorite cereal character?
Yeah...not really my thing, but I guess I'll say Tony the Tiger. He's grrrrrrrreat!!

34. Favorite Michael Jackson song?
Hmmm...I'd probably say Billie Jean and Smooth Criminal.

35. Who are you disliking right now?
Nobody. I'm trying to make it a point not to dislike anyone.

36. Drinking or drugs?
Nope.

37. Have you ever peed in the great outdoors?
Of course. Unfortunately, Holli has photograpic proof.

38. Any plans this week?
Cleaning and more cleaning. Possibly a hike, a jaunt over to my sister- and brother-in-law's house, and more...

39. What are your plans tonight?
Cleaning and sleep!

2 comments:

holli jo said...

These are fun! I forgot about Super Grover...he was pretty cool.

Oh, and "37. Have you ever peed in the great outdoors?
Of course. Unfortunately, Holli has photograpic proof."

I can post the evidence for you any time. :)

Anonymous said...

ew. please don't.